Elma Ruther Harder & Muzaffar Iqbal
PaperBack, 316 pages
7 x 9 Inches
This book can be used as a tool to guide our learning and teaching, and to revisit our orientation and infuse it with the Quranic worldview. It can serve as a springboard of teaching ideas, a resource book to direct the process of planning the learning experience, and as a route to ponder reflective questions about our experience as facilitators of learning.
What is the purpose of this book?
- provide an Islamic approach to learning
- focus on learning that is transformative in nature
- encourage those who teach and learn to reflect and reassess
- the ‘what’, ‘why’, and ‘how’ questions of education
In what ways will this book help us?
- re-affirm our Quranic worldview
- clarify our orientation and be committed to it
- decide what to learn
- decide how to learn
- develop integrated thematic units
- discover creative ideas for helping others learn
- become flexible in adopting, adapting, and extending ideas
- reflectively assess what we teach and learn
- reflectively assess how we teach and learn
- be filled with wonder and awe
What do we need?
- a desire to be rooted in the Quranic worldview
- the belief that we are each on a journey of lifelong learning